Sunday 1 November 2009

SIFF Outing No. 2 - Sugar Hit at the Swissotel, Sydney

Sugar Hit Dessert at Swissotel with Sparkling Wine or Cocktail ($20 - bargain!)

I've never been to a 'Sugar Hit' event before. I just don't have a sweet tooth so I'm never too fussed. I know - what is wrong with me? However, to celebrate finishing another uni assignment (1 more to go!), Mr FBC and I decided to hit the streets for a 'Sugar Hit' one balmy Friday night in October.

I originally wanted to go to the Sugar Hit at Azuma Kushiyaki @ Regent Street after reading and drooling about the amazing 'East Meets West Dessert Tasting Plate' described by Helen @ Grab Your Fork . However, I was too late and it was already booked out :(
Fortunately, Azuma has extended their Sugar Hits through the month of November. It's the same dessert.... 9-11pm ....Monday to Thursday. Book in soon if you missed out in October!


On the dessert place was a white chocolate and raspberry layered mousse cake. The cake was light and fluffly... but sort of reminded me of the cakes you might get in a Chinese Bakery (of which I'm not a fan). Also on the plate was a small pyramid of dark chocolate ganache, plus and a white chocolate and cherry mousse (this was my favourite). The mousse was rich and creamy. And, for a bit of a suprise after devouring the delectable mousse, little sweet, juicy cherries were found at the bottom of the cup.

Hennessy Mule Cocktail
To accompany the dessert we were offered a choice of either a glass of Brown Brothers Sparkling Wine or a Hennessy Cognac Cocktail (I think it was called the 'Hennessy Mule' and contained cognac muddled with fresh lime, a dash of bitters and topped with ginger beer served over ice). Not being a fan of 'old man' liquor, I opted for the sparkling wine... but Mr FBC had a mule and loved it.
The SIFF Sugar Hits are over for another year but will be back again in October 2010. Next time, I'm going to remember to book in EARLY!
Swissôtel Sydney
68 Market Street Sydney NSW
ph: 02 9238 7082

No comments:

Post a Comment