Sunday 1 November 2009

SIFF Outing No.1 - Let's Do Lunch @ Becasse

Complimentary appetizers (olive crostini with cream cheese)

It's been awhile between posts. I blame two things. WORK and UNI ASSIGNMENTS :(

Despite being swamped for past few months, Mr FBC and I managed to do a few 'Sydney International Food Festival' (SIFF) things (formerly 'Good Food Month').
The SIFF's 'Let's Do Lunch' events are a great way of tasting food at fantastic restuarants in Sydney without having to pay a fortune. My technique is the pick the restuarants with one or two 'chefs hat's' - it just feels like it's more value for money :P
One Friday in October, Mr FBC and I had a lazy 'Let's do Lunch' lunch at Becasse. For $35, you get a main course and a glass of Browns Brothers Wine.

Lunch at Becasse was great as you got a few little extras!
A little canape to start comprising olive crostini with a dollop of cheesy cream. Sorry - I'm trying to remember to bring a notebook with me to write down the descriptions :(
We also got a complimentary 'Amuse Bouche' in a cute little cup comprising a creamy flavoursome mushroom soup.

Amuse Bouche - mini mushroom soup

We also ordered some yummy breads (this costs a bit extra). I hear they bake the breads on the premises. The nicest one was the pumpkin bread.... which actually had pieces of pumpkin inside.

Fresh bread

Mr FBC order an extra Entree. I think it was 'Cured Wagu beef' accompanied with what Mr FBC described as little morsels of brains!?

Cured Wagu Beef

And finally, the 'main course' - the linguine of Kinkawooka mussels provencale. The pasta is lovely and light with smatterings of fresh mussels, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and breadcrumbs. A beautiful combination.

Linguine of Kinkawooka mussels provencale

I love the 'Let's to Lunch' events. It's a great excuse for long laaaazy lunches. I say bring back the long decadent lunches from the 80's :)


Becasse
204 Clarence Street
Sydney, NSW
(02) 9283 3440

No comments:

Post a Comment